How to Install a Sound Card: Step by Step QuickGuide
In this article you will learn how to install sound cards with ease. The sound card installation process is very simple and will only require a few minutes of your time. As with installing any other PC component, make sure you are following the pc building safety guidelines at all times. Ok, here are the install sound card steps:
- Power down your PC and unplug all power connections. This is a precaution you must follow when working on your PC.
- Now open up your PC case. There are different methods of doing this depending on the type of your case, but most are opened by simply sliding off a cover of some sort.
- If your PC already has a sound card installed, then you will need to remove it first. If there's no dedicated sound card installed already, just move onto step 4.
Remove the old sound card by firstly unplugging all connections to the card such as speaker cable connections, and then pull the card straight out from its slot on the motherboard. Do this slowly and carefully. You may need to rock the card back and forth a bit so that you can pull it out.
- Install the new sound card into the slot where the old one was, or into a spare PCI slot that you can find on the motherboard. Most sound cards these days are designed with the common PCI interface. The card should slide into its slot easily. Make sure it is firmly inserted before moving on.
- Now connect the audio cable into the sound card's CD-IN socket. If you can't find the CD-IN socket on your card, refer to the card's documentation. After you've done that, connect the other end of the audio cable into your CD/DVD drive.
- Replace the computer case's cover and you're all done. I told you that a sound card install was dead easy!
Once your sound card has been fitted you will need to install current drivers. The latest drivers for your sound card should have come with the card itself, otherwise you should be able to download them online from the manufacturer's website.
Home | About Us | Contact Us
Budget Gaming Builds | High-End Gaming Builds
Best Video Cards | Best Processors | Best Laptops
Disclaimer | All Articles | eBook | Facebook Page