How To Install A Floppy Drive:
Step By Step Guide
After reading this step by step guide you will be able to install a floppy drive with ease. Floppy drive installation really is extremely simple and will only take you a minute or two.
Ok, here are the steps to installing a floppy drive:
- Turn off your computer and open up your PC case so that you can access the insides. Make sure all power connections are unplugged.
- Locate a free drive bay and install the floppy drive into the bay by sliding it in. Use the screws provided and a phillips screwdriver to fit the floppy drive into place securely. This is as simple as matching up the holes and screwing them in.
- Now you need to connect the floppy drive connector, which is a ribbon-type cable, to the back of the floppy drive itself. Make sure the pins on the cable match up the pins on the floppy drive.
- The floppy drive connector cable now needs to be plugged into the motherboard, so that your floppy drive is part of your system.
- Then find a power supply connector from your PC and insert it into the power connection on your floppy drive.
That's all you need to do to install a floppy drive into your PC. I told you it was dead easy didn't I! Learn how to install all your other gaming computer parts with our PC building guide.
Return to How To Build A PC from Install A Floppy Drive.